After simplifying one of the back garden beds (that post will be coming along soon) we decided to evaluate the Japanese Garden as well. After some critical thinking, and looking through a number of Japanese garden books I’ve been collecting, we decided to make some adjustments.
Here’s a peek at what’s been happening in the Japanese Garden:
Plants were removed, pruned, cut, re-planted, moved to different locations and only a few thrown out.
And after the gravel was transported, wheelbarrowed and raked:
We’re just waiting for the Azaleas, the Weeping Cherry and our latest addition, the Liliiflora ‘Nigra’ Magnolia, (The picture of a stick at the minute) to bloom. Not sure we will get any flowers this year from the Magnolia as it has just gone in but I can’t wait to see it come out in its deep purple colour.
We even relocated some of the pavers we removed to another area of the garden so overall there has been virtually little wastage.