- Barnbougle Lost Farm (Ph: 61 3 63561124) – Great golf, great scenery and great hospitality too! A golfing mecca!
- Boutique Wine Tours Tasmania (Ph: 0415 387 887) – Combining all the best Tassie has to offer – wine, food and art!
- Cheeky Little Place – 36 Burnett Street, New Norfolk – Great coffee and delicious morsels not to forget friendly service.
- Flywheel Store – 42 High St, New Norfolk (Ph: 61 3 6261 1641)Vintage office, stationery and letterpress studio.
- Frank – 1 Franklin Wharf, Hobart (Ph: 61 3 62315005) South American influenced waterfront dining and bar
- Fudge A’Fare – 13 Athol Street, Lutana (Ph: 61 3 6273 0531) – delicious award winning fudge and chocolate.
- Fullers Bookshop – 131 Collins St, Hobart (Ph: 03 62343800) – Tasmania’s leading independent bookshop — wholly Tasmanian owned and operated since the early 1920s.
- Handmark Gallery – 77 Salamanca Place, Hobart (Ph: 61 3 6223 7895) – Showcases and supports Tasmanian art, jewellery and craft. Changing exhibitions, a gift registry and frequent fun opening nights.
- Local Pizza – 52 Maroni Road, Berriedale, (PH: 61 3 62493573) Yep, great local pizza…
- Maypole Upholstery – 212 New Town Road, New Town, Hobart (Ph: 61 3 62280353) Paul and his team know how to transform your beloved old furniture into something amazing!
- MONA – Museum of Old and New Art – 655 Main Road, Berriedale (Ph: 61 3 6277 9900) One of my all time FAVOURITE places! What an amazing gift David Walsh has given us. So much to see and do. There is the gallery, library, brewery, cafe, restaurant, accommodation, summer market, films, bars, ferry – a whole world of edgy decadence.
- Brad Moss – Wood Artist – gorgeous hand turned and crafted objects of beauty. You can see Brad’s work at the Salamanca Markets or on line (follow the link).
- David Parums Design – (Ph: 0438 281 484) Australia’s foremost Damascus steel jewellery business, specialising in wedding bands.
- Pony Black Co – fabulous handcrafted clothing, jewellery and artefacts.
- Raincheck Lounge – 392 Elizabeth Street, North Hobart (Ph: 61 3 62345975) Funky Cafe/bar/restaurant specialising in tapas open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days.
- State Cinema – 375 Elizabeth St, North Hobart (Ph: 61 3 62346318) Independent movie theatre, cafe and bookshop. Yes, you can have a wine whilst viewing – what more do you want!
- Sweet Envy – 341 Elizabeth Street, North Hobart (Ph: 61 3 62348805) All things deliciously wicked and wonderful!
- The Dispensary – Shop 6 Bidencopes Lane, 86 Murray St, Hobart (Ph: 61 33 62231963) discerning clothing and cosmetics.
- The Drill Hall Emporium – 17 Stephen Street, New Norfolk (Ph: 61 3 6261 3651) Decorative Antiques and Vintage Wares – a treasure trove of goodies.
- Under the shade of a bonsai tree – is a fresh new indie jewellery and accessories label based in Hobart, Tasmania.
New South Wales
- Dragstar Clothing – 535A King St, Newtown – sweatshop free clothing and well sourced accessories.
- Ginny & Jude Designs -Feminine fashion, accessories, headwear and jewellery.
- Jamie Ashkar – Fashion pushing minimalism through line, geometry and bold prints.
- Mindall & Bungall – Leeanne Kennedy’s beautifully crafted clothing, fusing Indigenous culture and design.
- subtlenuance – writing and producing independent Australian theatre.
- APOM (A Part Of Me) – whimsical ethereal fashion.
- Dusty Plum – Boolarong, Victoria – delightful fabric hair ties, ear rings, brooches and necklaces for young and not so young girls!
- ElkAccessories – 395 Plenty Road, Preston, Victoria, (Ph: 61 3 9478 1800) clothing,shoes, leather goods, jewellery and more.
- Frankie & Ray – gorgeous hand crafted clothes and goodies.
- Pirdy – Refreshing modern & vintage inspired pieces for you and your home.
The Rose Street Artist’s Market in Fitzroy Melbourne every Saturday 11am-5pm.
- soleDevotion – 1 Degraves St, Melbourne (Ph: 61 3 9639 9636) Fabulous shoes and terrific service.
- bbppdesigns – Brisbane – Colourful marine inspired jewellery that is sure to brighten your day!
- Flotsam and Jetsum – Charters Towers – Clothing, jewellery and more made from vintage and new finds.
- MapleMist Designs – unique handmade purses, handbags, clutches and pincushions created in Australia.
- Mien Moir – Brisbane – Dresses, tops and skirts for the fasionably petite!
- The Silver Forge – Brisbane – unique limited edition sterling silver jewellery.
Greece and Cyprus
- Melissinos art, sandals and jewellery – “The poet sandal-maker of Athens” – 2 Agias Theklas St, Psirri, Athens – a little tricky to find but well worth it. Custom made footwear since 1920. Over 30 models to choose from. Eclectic shop and eccentric man. You name them he’s made sandals for them – e.g. Jackie O, Sarah Jessica Parker and me!
- Vassiliki Thyreos – Jewellery as art – 24 Vyronos St, Acropolis, Athens – Stunning jewellery, icons and sculptures, mixing Byzantine and modern ideas.
- Iatis – Art and Jewels – Christos Papageorgiou – Ploiarchon St, Oia, Santorini (Ph: 22860 72127) Beautifully crafted jewellery made in the studio/shop.
- Love from Cyprus – handcrafted leather sandals and bags – Nicosia, Cyprus
- OldAndCold – vintage and retro style homewares, plus specially crafted book/coat racks.
- Aka Tombo Millinery – handcrafted hats made from all things divine!
- Bistro Hiro – 1F Palazzo Urasando, 2-21 Nishi-22, Minami 1, Chuo-ku, Sapporo (Ph:011 631 6684) Absolutely exquisite food, fusion of Japanese and French cuisine, impeccably presented and offering a fixe-price option. (Whatever the cost it’ll be worth it!)
- Issey Miyake – you can find a range of his designs (Pleats Please, Bao Bao, HaaT, Issey Miyake, Cauliflower) at a number of Department Stores in Sapporo including Marui Mai, Daimaru, Mitsukoshi and Parco.
- Nukumorino-yado Furukawa – 353 Nishi 4-Chome, Minami-Ku, Sapporo, Japan. (Ph: 011-598-2345) – Pamper yourself with a wonderful onsen experience at Jozankei.
- Edward deLacy – Manchester – Beautiful bespoke leather handbags and accessories.
- Fairysteps – Unique, bespoke shoes and accessories made with love deep in the woods near Devonshire.
- Art to hold – Pottery, glass, paintings and more. Gorgeous organic objects to hold, admire and treasure.
- Crankbunny – Florida – 3D pop up cards, paper puppets, personalised custom greeting cards, hand cut-out paper toys and other nostalgic novelty craft items.
- Flapper Doodle – Princeton, New Jersey – playful paper products, jewellery and more.
- Michelle Tan’s – MichyLouDotCom, Kissimmee, Florida – Hand tailored clothing for women with a modern retro feel; caters for plus sizes too.
- Vera Vague – Kalamazoo, Michigan – The finest in vintage and antique clothing and accessories.
New York, NY
- Bond No.9 Perfume – creating fragrances to match each neighbourhood of New York. Gorgeous bottles and beautiful scents. Shops dotted across New York. Visit their website for more details.
- Fishs Eddy – 889 Broadway at 19th St, New York, NY (Ph: 877 347 4733) – For all your homeware needs and more.
- John Fluevog Shoes – 250 Mulberrry St, New York, NY – I can only recommend this store as it’s the only one I’ve been to but check out the website for more stores near you.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – 1000 Fifth Ave, New York, NY (Ph: 212 535 7710) – OMG! An amazing place that you’ll need to keep going back to as it is SO big! I had a killer cocktail (or two) at the Great Hall Balcony Bar accompanied by piano music.
- MoMA – 11 West 53 Street, New York, NY (Ph: 212 708 9400) – A modern art haven or is that heaven?
- The Russian Tea Room – 150 West 57th St, New York, NY (Ph: 212 581 7100) A New York institution. Delicious food, sumptuous setting and superb service. Provide High-tea, Pre and Post Theatre menus or Al-a-carte – they now do breakfast too!