Mr Iced Vovo recently acquired Jamie Oliver’s 30 Minute Meals DVD and cook book for a birthday present and he got straight into the kitchen to whip up these cheesecake parfaits!
Quick and delicious, these refreshing (but still a little wicked!) treats were a good recipe for him to continue to build on his confidence in the kitchen.
Good one Mr Iced Vovo – I look forward to your next kitchen caper!
50g blanched hazelnuts
8 gingernut biscuits
4 heaped teaspoons lemon curd
1 punnet raspberries or strawberries (whatever is in season (approx 150g)
250g light or low fat cream cheese, mascarpone cheese or crème fraiche (Mr Iced Vovo used mascarpone the first time and a combo of mascarpone and crème fraiche the second time he made them)
1 teaspoon of vanilla paste or extract
A splash of milk
1 tablespoon icing sugar
Good quality dark chocolate for grating
1. Place 4 tumblers for these cheesecakes into the freezer. Put the butter into a medium saucepan on a medium heat.
2. Place the hazelnuts and biscuits in food food processor to crush into pieces or bash with a rolling pin by placing them in a clean tea towel of plastic bag etc. Alternatively, you could use a pestle and mortar.
3. Turn the heat off under the melted butter, tip in the bashed nuts and biscuits and stir. Finely grate in the lemon zest and mix well.
4. Take the tumblers out of the freezer and divide the mixture between them, gently patting it down until firm. Put 1 heaped teaspoon of lemon curd (you can either make your own lemon curd or buy a nice one Mr Iced Vovo got the Aussie made Yacandandah lemon curd available from our local Woolworths) into each tumbler and top with a few raspberries.
5. Spoon the mascarpone into a bowl and add the vanilla paste or extract and a splash of milk. Stir, then add the icing sugar and another splash of milk and mix really well until it looks soft and silky smooth.
6. Divide between the tumblers, scrape over a few gratings of dark chocolate and set aside until you are ready to serve.